ECIR 2018 Call for Workshop Proposals
Proposals due: September 15, 2017
We invite you to submit proposals for one-day or one half-day workshops to be held on the 26th of March 2018 at 40th European Conference on Information Retrieval ECIR.
ECIR workshops provide an engaging forum for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way than the main conference. Workshops are especially beneficial for debating emerging concepts and in-progress research projects. They are provide useful opportunities for researchers, especially PhD students and early career researchers, to present and discuss their work, and obtain valuable feedback in an interactive, supportive and friendly environment.
The format of each workshop is to be determined by the workshop organisers.
Workshops are encouraged to be dynamic and interactive and should lead to a concrete outcome, such as the publication of a summary paper and/or workshop proceedings.
Researchers and practitioners from all areas of the information retrieval community are invited to submit proposals for review.
The organisers of approved workshops are expected to define the focus of the workshop, gather and review submissions, and decide upon its content. The organisers are also responsible for selecting the channels for publishing the workshop proceedings or any workshop outcome.
Proposals should contain the following information:
- Title, and abstract of the workshop;
- Motivation, and relevance to ECIR;
- Workshop goals/objectives coupled with desired outcomes;
- Format/structure of the workshop: planned activities, tentative schedule of events), etc.;
- Intended audience, including how participants will be selected/invited;
- Duration: a full day or half day workshop;
- Resources: what resources will be needed to deliver the workshop;
- Indicate if the workshop is related to or follows on from another workshop; if so, please, identify which conference it was previously held at, the past attendance and outcomes, and why another workshop is needed;
- Organisers with brief bio (2-3 sentences) of each with respect to the content of the workshop;
- Any other relevant information to support your proposal (e.g., programme committee, list of invited speakers, overall vision/approach etc.).
Workshop proposals must be:
- written in English
- maximum of six pages in length
- using the conference paper format.
- submitted in PDF format via email to the workshop chairs.
Deadline for submission of workshop proposals is 15th September 2017, with notification of acceptance on October 2, 2017.
Organisers of accepted workshops will be invited to submit a brief description of the workshop for inclusion in the ECIR 2017 conference proceedings.
Elaine Toms (email@example.com)
University of Sheffield
Jian-Yun Nie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Montréal